Monday, January 22, 2007


Here is my guy, he is having a pool party. Like how I still have the box around my guy. Oh yea his name is Hillbilly Hunk!!! I thought our conversation was great the other day. Interesting to really think about how all the stuff in students lives has a place and what should those places be? How should some of them overlap? I got to think some more of this when I had a conversation with a parent yesterday about Sunday School. UMMM, what is the role of that compared to the role the parent should have with issues we normally talk about in SS. I also thought about roles/purpose last night at Senior High youth group when afterward a student came up and was talking to me about how we needed more large group stuff so it was more like church. He felt youth group has lost the church feel and he thinks it should have more of that. I'm working on setting up a time to talk more with this student to see why he thinks youth group should have more of a church feel. It will be nice to hear his perspective on this, especially since he is not the typical guy you would think we be saying this.

1 comment:

Dave Roberts said...

Your comments make me ask the question - what is church? What does "church" look like? Does "church" equal large groups? Just some questions and I would love to hear your feedback.

Dave Roberts
Lakeshore Vineyard.