Thursday, March 8, 2007

20 Best Youth Pastors...

I posted this on my blog the other day, and it generated some good conversations so I thought I would put it here to see what all of you think...

I just came accross the list of the 20 best youth pastors. I didn't make the list. Personally, I don't want to be on the list.

Looking at the list makes me ask some questions...
- How did they come up with this list?
- What was the criteria for getting on the list?
- Are you only a good youth pastor if you are in a large church?
- Why are we fascinated with ranking people?
- If I believe in the Bible, wouldn't it be best to be last on the list of youth pastors?
- How much time was wasted on coming up with the list?
- Why isn't Ty on the list? I think he's a great youth pastor.
- What does it mean to be a great youth pastor?
- Are we sometimes too hard on ourselves, trying to copy what other youth ministries are doing instead of being ourselves?

Anyway, interesting list.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

as a youth pastor i think that list is the most stupid thing i have ever seen! there is nothing healthy about ranking youth pastors. I'm sure everyone on that list is a fantastic youth worker and so are the guys in the small towns and small churches working their butts off and everyone in between. Lists like that are just stupid. Never read or subscribe to anything that encourages this sort of thing.