Monday, February 5, 2007

Cabin Fever

So, with all the cancellations, being at home and general horrible weather, is it just me that can't concentrate on planning stuff. I have a middle school purity retreat and a marriage retreat with my wife BOTH this coming weekend and I can't seem to get my mind wrapped around all the planning I need to do. All I seem to be able to do at this moment is msn people and check my facebook every 5 minutes to see who's added me. I'm so lame!

Am I the only psycho or do others of you deal with this affliction of a mind that goes all over the place?

If you suffer from this too, please let me know so that I'm comforted in knowing I'm not alone.

Pax: Ty

5 comments:

Matt Yount said...

Bro, I have no idea what you are talking about. I think it's just you. I think you need help. The rest of us are just zipping along with all kinds of focus and motivation!

J/K! Last week I was in the spot you are in now.

JulieW said...

Ha! I couldn't agree more! Today I keep checking out to the window to see weather or not I can see 104th Ave. Probably one of the least productive days I've had in awhile...

Ross G- said...

Yea, it was a worthless weekend. The funny thing is going into the weekend I was feeling kind of stressed because so much was supposed to be going on. Then it all gets cancelled and now it's hard to get back in the grove, I just want do nothing like I did all weekend, LOL.

Dave Roberts said...

It's great to know there are other people who struggle with the same things I do. For me it happens every Feb/March. After planning and going all summer and fall my body finally says enough - I want to rest.

Hey - I have an idea. We should all go rest and do nothing together in Flordia! Maybe we could join Yount and his family on their vacation later this month. That's a great idea.

JulieW said...

Speaking of rest... There's a youth leaders retreat at Cran Hill Ranch March 12-13 that is designed just for youth leaders to get away and chill out. It's only $35 and if you've never been to CranHill, it's a sweet place to get away. I think some of us from RP might go- it'd be great to get some other Hollanders to head up there with us. Anyone interested?